Saturday, February 28, 2009

Deserve

Today I am bringing you an extremely short post that is basically a quote from Seth Godin, a marketer of all things. Oh me, oh my, Alon is now quoting marketers for his blog, he must really be busy/uninspired/confused because really what can a marketer, especially a commercial marketer like Seth, teach us about spirituality?

Maybe I am all of the above, I don't know, but I do know that his questions and ensuing comments got me thinking so I want to share them with you:


Do you deserve the luck you've been handed? The place you were born, the education you were given, the job you've got?

Not at all. “Deserve” is such a loaded word. Most of us don’t deserve the great opportunities we have, or the lucky breaks that got us here.

The question shouldn’t be, “do you deserve it.” I think it should be, “what are you going to do with it now that you've got it?"

If you are reading this then it means that you can see, that you can read, that you have a computer, that you have electricity, that you have an internet access, etc., etc. and 'just' those criteria alone probably already place us in the lucky 1% of the human population of this planet.

What did we do to deserve that? And what ARE we going to do with it from here on in?

No comments:

Post a Comment