Friday, January 30, 2009

[A short one] Nisargadatta on love

Just a bit busy so I will make a short post today, but short does not mean lack of intensity. This could be a prelude to a theme I would like to develop at another time on one version of the golden rule - Love others as you would yourself - that to me has many layers in it I would like to try and share one day. Another day. Today I will present a couple of short quotes from Nisargadatta which I believe are contemplation-worthy. Before I do, I just have to explain for those who are not familiar with his philosophy, that when he speaks of dreaming he refers to what we call living and when he talks of awaking he refers to seeing life and living as it really is...

In dream you love some and not others. On waking up you find you are love itself, embracing all. Personal love, however intense and genuine, invariably binds; love in freedom is love of all.


When you are love itself, you are beyond time and numbers. In loving one you love all, in loving all, you love each.

Have a wonderful weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment